Index

Jet's Heavy brake

Anything Battlefield related.

Jet's Heavy brake

Postby stealth » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 pm

sauce: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/co ... rent_keys/

There's a simple tool you'll need to modify these settings, some of which are not accessible in the in-game options.
Link(Realmware BF3 settings editor): http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/
The latest version is needed. Simply navigate to 'key bindings', select 'jets' and look for these variables: 'Light Brake', 'Heavy Brake/Hover' and 'Hover'.
At default(in-game), Hover and Light Brake are both assigned to the 'S' key while the Heavy Brake is inaccessible. Simply change Hover to unassigned and bind Heavy Brake to a key of your choice(I used Ctrl)
The Heavy Brake works to slow the aircraft down to ~100(the default light brake brings it to ~200), and for the F-35 works the same as Hover so there really isn't a need for a seperate Hover key.
You can also reassign the Q function to any other key or use Spacebar to Pitch up instead of fire.
Happy flying!
The software I've been using for over two weeks now, and it's definitely safe to use with Punkbuster. I've also tried playing with the keybindings changed for more than an hour. They worked and I did not get kicked. The program simply changes BF3 user settings and does not alter anything else.
However, it is clear that Heavy Brake adds a whole new dynamic to jets which DICE apparently left out from the game. This may not have been intended for online play or been disabled for some reason. Maybe crash or demize can comment on that.
I'm a complete and utter noob whose game is already broken due to stuttering issues(which I'm desperately waiting for DICE to fix :( ). I can't say if these fixes will indeed make the F-35 on par with the SU-35... or any other jets any more effective. I still got blown out of the sky every time.
:D :D
stealth

Re: Jet's Heavy brake

Postby stealth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 am

I've been trying this over the past few days, but I don't think it's a good REPLACEMENT for the normal brake, but it's a good ADDITION.

In other words it's good to use it to decrease speed dramatically to cut a corner faster than an enemy, but if you are stuck circling with an enemy I don't think it's a good idea to use it. It's very hard to control your speed since you have to work with heavy brake + thrust, but they don't have the same amount of force and have a build up.

It is very interesting to use it on strafing runs since you are given a huge amount for time to line up your shots and can even get 2 loads of rocket pods on your enemy, but you don't have the quick get away that you otherwise do.

So having it bound to another key is interesting, but replace the old key ... not so much.
:D :D
stealth

Re: Jet's Heavy brake

Postby Furball212 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:44 am

doesn't work anymore. Let me know if it still works for u.
Furball212

geek squad tech support

Postby igeeksquad123 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:48 am

Geek Squad Protection goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to extend your coverage and protect your purchase.
geek squad tech support | geek squad | geek squad tech support
igeeksquad123

Return to Battlefield